For those of you that have taken it upon yourself to become a Poshmark Community Meet Up Host. I commend you. Truly, it’s a feat in and of itself and hosting can also put some unwanted pressure on your precious shoulders (and we need those shoulders for our Chanel Jumbo Flap Shoulder bag, duh!). Not gonna lie, being a host does give you a bit of a panic, in any hosting situation, I mean think about how Rio feels for this years Olympics YEESH! You’re in the spotlight, people look to you, and they THEY WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED DAMNIT!!!
So worry not, Ediza has come to the rescue with a few ice breakers/ games that you can MC to get the party started. Below, I have also attached the materials, rules and downloads for each game. Feel free to take what you need, add to whatever you want to make it your own and have fun!
I also made a super handy video for you to watch (if you’re reading this on your email, then you need to click on the blog post to watch the video…for whatever reason the videos won’t show on emails, it doesn’t like YouTube)
Game #1: What’s In My Purse?/ What’s in My Poshmark Closet?
- Players need to have their smart devices with the Poshmark app or their own purse
Rules of the game
This game is really simple, just tell all your guests to either get out their purse, or pull up their Poshmark closets. Then make a list of 10-12 items that they might have in either purse or closet. For those people that have the most items in their purse/closet that’s on the list they win.
Here’s a list I came up with for both, but feel free to switch out some for others that you think of!
For what’s in my purse?
- Chap stick/ lipstick/ lip-gloss
- Credit card
- Charge cord
- Hair tie
- Nail Polish
For what’s in my Poshmark closet?
- Used shoes
- Designer Handbag over $250
- Winter Item
- Something sparkly
- A black dress
- Any activewear
- A men’s item
- Designer Jeans
- Something NWT
Game #2: Never Have I Ever…Poshmark Edition
I love this game! This is traditionally a drinking game, where you get pretty hammered. But since we are keeping this PG-13 (for now), we’re adjusting to fit the scenario.
Materials (you can click and DL if you need):
- I Have & Never! Print outs
- Bamboo Sticks
- Double sided tape
- Paper (for players to record their score)
Rules of the game
Each player gets a paddle with prints, a pen, and a scorecard (watch video for assembly instructions). Game host will say each scenario and the players must answer ‘I have’ or ‘Never!’. Depending on the scenario, the host will award 1 point depending on what the answer is. Player with the most points wins the game.
Never have I ever…
- Sent a lowball offer. (we’re saying lowball is under 50%) – (Never! +1 point)
- Wrote “Not Authentic” on someone’s listing. – (Never! +1 point)
- Never sent out a trade. – (Never! +1 point)
- Sent a package past the 7 day grace period. – (Never! +1 point)
- Received a warning email from Team Posh – (Never! +1 point)
- Listed an item 2x it’s value. – (I have! + 1 point)
- Sold an item 2x its value. – (I have! + 1 point)
- Lied to a buyer. – (Never! +1 point)
- Accidentally sent the wrong item. – (Never! +1 point)
- Told someone off in the app. – (Never! +1 point)
- Sold something over $100 – (I have! + 1 point)
Game #3: Poshmark Trivia
- Answer cards
Rules of the Game
Each player gets an answer card, and pen. Game host will ask the player to answer the trivia questions. Each player has to write down their answer on the answer cards. Player with the most correct answers, wins.
Handy Dandy Trivia Questions & Answers:
- Name 1 the founders of Poshmark?
- Manish Chandra
- Tracy Sun
- Gautam Golwala
- Chetan Pungaliya
- Where is PMHQ located?
- Redwood City, CA
- Name one prohibited thing you cannot sell on Poshmark that’s stated on the FAQ’s?
- Home goods
- Used makeup
- Used underwear
- Any health and wellness products
- Non-fashion kids/baby items
- What is the lowest price you can sell an item at?
- How much would you make off the lowest listing price?
- Where was Poshfest held last year?
- San Francisco, CA
- Where is Poshfest being held this year?
- Los Angeles, Ca
- The Price Drop feature notifies whom, if and when you drop it?
- Your ‘Likers’
- Name one of the secret investors of Poshmark.
- Rachel Zoe
- Ashton Kutcher
- Guy Oseary
- Name the # for the Kids Campaign on Instagram
Game #4: Name That Designer
- Answer Card
Each player gets an answer card, and pen. Game host will say the name of each bag. Each player has to guess the designer for that bag. Player with the most correct, wins.
List of Bag Names (I’ll let you guess the answers)
- Lady Dior
- Luggage Tote
- Le Boy Bag
- Jumbo Flap
- Speedy 30
There you have it! Hope you guys get a kick out of these games as much as we did at our meet up! Please be sure to leave a comment and give my blog some comment love!